Re: Potato frozen?

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 08:05:51PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> I know that as a matter of policy, Debian doesn't announce release
> dates in advance, but can someone give a *hint*?  Is the potato
> release even frozen yet?  I mean, I heard that the only problem
> remaining was a Perl tweak months ago, so surely it's getting close to
> done, right?

Potato isn't frozen - it is intended to be frozen at the start of next
month.  While (AFAIK) the major global changes are done, there are still
plenty of problems with individual packages that need to be sorted out,
including the creation of a set of boot floppies.  Take a look at the
list of bugs with severity important or higher in the BTS -
http://bugs.debian.org/

Generally, our freezes and expected release dates tend to be
well-announced.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/