jfs

Hi,

I'm just wondering wheter Debian can be installed on RS/6K 42T; yes, it
says that the bus is MCA. Would it be any problem with this?

I also need to get to root on the current machines which run on AIX, but
unfortunately, the maintainers of the machines have gone and nobody
knows the password (no intended cracking is involved here) and I don't
have the AIX CDs either. I have been thinking that if you could remove
the harddisks and mount them on a working Debian for PPC, then there
will be no problem; all is needed (theoretically, because there's no
/etc/shadow) is to edit /etc/passwd and remove the password entry.

I was going to that (ie: mounting the disks) on my working Linux x86,
but I didn't see jfs as the supported filesystem. What is "jfs" anyway?
A proprietary AIX's filesystem? I hope Debian for PPC (if there's such
thing) supports jfs, so that if I could get Debian running on a Sun,
then the root's password can be changed (all the machines have SCSI
disks, so hardware is no problem I think).

Thanks in advance,
Oki