Re: CDROM worked once (surprise) can't get it to work again!

John Miskinis wrote:

> I have combed the CDROM howto, but can't find anything pertaining
> to adding a command somewhere to increase the timeout(s) during
> bootup.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?

I had this problem with my CDROM way back in kernel 1.2 (1995).  I fixed it by
increasing the time-out settings in the BIOS.

It also helped to move it to hdb, thus on the first controller, but I am not exactly
sure why.  But increasing the BIOS settings worked more consistently.

I have not had the problem since, so I do not know of a more recent fix.

--
Paul Hawkins - Software Engineer - Tivoli Systems, Inc.
email: paul.hawkins@tivoli.com