Re: Kdevelop package on kde.tdyc.com/kde2

>>>Stuart Ballard wrote:
 > Stuart Ballard wrote:
 > >
 > > apt-get just informed me that kdevelop depends on kdelibs2g (>=
 > > 4:1.1.2-19990906-1.0) but it is not installable. Does anyone know if
 > > this is a bug, a package that isn't yet uploaded onto the server, or
 > > something that I need to go get somewhere else?
 >
 > Sorry to reply to my own mail, but after trying to install other bits of
 > kde, I can't seem to get *any* of it to install. The only packages that
 > exist seem to end in -cvs, and all have unmet dependencies or conflict
 > with each other. For example, kdebase-cvs depends on qt2, but when I
 > tried to install qt2 it tried to *remove* kdelibs3-cvs, which is about
 > the only part that I *have* been able to install.
 > Does anyone have any information as to which packages need to be
 > installed in order to get a kde2 installation on potato? If this is

The kde*-cvs stuff is from the current HEAD branch of the KDE cvs repository
and the debs will not install smoothly any time soon due to heavy KDE
development and reorganizations in the KDE CVS.  The binary packages
just save you the hassle to compile everything yourself but _nothing_
more.

If you don't like to use --force-* options of dpkg, remove
kde.tdyc.com kde2 from your apt sources  and stick with kde 1 until
kde 2 has a feature freeze.

 > currently not possible, how about a kde 1 installation with a recent
 > version of kdevelop?

Send a mail to the list kde-debian@lists.tdyc.com and ask for a
Kdevelop version for the KDE 1.

Achim