The upgrade messed with my sound(?)

Hello, all.  Well, I'm pretty puzzled by this one.  I'm not exactly sure on
the cause and effect, but sometime after my recent total upgrade on Potato,
my sound quit working.  When I try to reset it using sndconfig, I get this
at the test stage:

/etc/isapnp.conf:387 -- Fatal - resource conflict allocating
IRQ5 (see /proc/interrupts)
/etc/isapnp.conf:387 -- Fatal - Error occurred executing
request 'IRQ 5' --- further action aborted

Very odd.  Now, thanks to wmint, I can watch the activity on my interrupts.
When I use sndconfig, the interrupt gets wiped (presumably because
everything is reset when isapnp restarts).  Soon after, i get the above
error.  Next, when I bring up xmms, the SOUNDBLAS reappears with the data
count at 37746 (as if the number really matters) on IRQ 5.  The data count
doesn't increment (or decrement for that matter) when I play anything.  The
program does not complain about the device being in use, either.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?  I am running Debian Potato updated last
Monday, kernel 2.2.10.

Thanks,

-Chris

FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com