Re: Apache segfaulting upon perl module load

Thank you, Doug.  This turned out to be the solution.  A complicating
factor was that I was building from .deb files, since I run Debian, and
the mod_perl source .deb blows up.  I wanted to do things in such a way
that I ended up with good .debs, to make it easier to deinstall,
replace, etc.

I did manage to build an Apache deb file with statically linked
mod_perl.  This works.

If anyone is interested in the deb, let me know.  If there is a good
common place to post it, let me know that, too.  Otherwise, I can stick
it up on my web site.

I'd like to make a source deb, too, with the extra stuff needed for
static mod_perl, but I'm not too sure about how to go about that.

By the way, I've noticed that folks are having the same problem with
RPMs from RedHat.

I hope the developers just get it all fixed soon.  ;-)  (I have filed a
bug report with Debian).