Re: DHCP client

I also had this problem - I re-ran the post-installation script and it worked after that.

Martin

From: Dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>
To: "E. S. Venkatraman" <venkat@biosta.mskcc.org>
CC: debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: DHCP client
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:51:12 -0400

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:51:33AM -0400, E. S. Venkatraman wrote:

   I have a PC on a network where the IP addresses are assigned using
   a DHCP server.  I tried installing Debian 2.1 and I have the
   following problem.  If I say I am connected to a network it
   requires me to type in the IP address (which I don't have).  If I
   don't configure the network, when I try to install the dhcpcd
   package, it fails with a post installation error (does not tell
   what the error is).

   How does one do a fresh install of Debian 2.1 in this case?  Thanks

I recently adopted the dhcpcd package and have verified this bug.  I
have uploaded dhcpcd_1.3.17pl2-4 which should fix this as well as
other issues relating to pcmcia support.

Please let me know if you would like a temporary download location for
this package.

Dpk
--
Dennis Kelly                    email: dpk@egr.msu.edu