Re: HELP: possible to have answering machine over ISDN?

> I assume your current method uses the analog phone line...  If it does, ISDN
exact!

> has two B channels which can be used for voice or data.  Each is 64Kb.  I
> use one for dedicated access.  The other stays data until a voice call comes
> in and then converts to voice.  On the back of the ISDN device there are
> usually two analog phone ports.  These are used when one of the B channels
> is carrying voice.  I would connect this analog port to you vgetty port.
yep... but i wanted to get rid of the modems.... isn't it possible to use the
ISDN card?

Or is it possible to deflect the incoming call from the ISDNcard to the modem
when voice is detected? i would prefer not to have one number for answering
machine and an other for incoming data... (only 3 numbers...)
BTW how is fax handled over ISDN?

--
ciao bboett
bboett@earthling.net