Re: Shell bash

M> Hello,
M> In my work in have to use some machines where the bash shell is not
M> available. Normally, these machine have Solaris or IRIX installed. When
M> I connect to those machines I have to use other different shells which I
M> am not used to using. You can  imagine how embarrasing is this
M> situation.

For IRIX, you can get a pre-compiled copy of bash from
http://freeware.sgi.com/ which will install it as
/usr/freeware/bin/bash. If the host is running IRIX6.5 or later, the
admin may have installed the "gnu" package, which includes bash (as
/usr/gnu/bin/bash). There are ways to install it in your homedir if
you don't have admin priviledges (or can' convince the admin to
install it). see the "-r /root" option to inst/swmgr.

--
 Scott Henry <scotth@sgi.com> /  Help! My disclaimer is missing!
 IRIX MTS,                   /  GIGO *really* means: Garbage in, Gospel Out