Re: Shell bash

*- On  4 Oct, Manuel Arenaz Silva wrote about "Shell bash"
> Hello,
>
> In my work in have to use some machines where the bash shell is not
> available. Normally, these machine have Solaris or IRIX installed. When
> I connect to those machines I have to use other different shells which I
> am not used to using. You can  imagine how embarrasing is this
> situation.
>
> I have though of compiling the bash shell for those machines and
> installing it in my $HOME directory. How can I do this? Where can I
> download the sources of the bash shell?

I forgot about this poorly named site that is run by Sun,
http://www.sunfreeware.com/.  They have lots of source and precompiled
binaries for almost anything you want for any Solaris platform and OS
version number.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you