RE: pcmcia net card does not show up in "ifconfig" listing.

> I have had similar problems with my laptop, and I added
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.11 netmask 255.255.255.0
> route add 192.168.1.11 dev eth0
>
> to my /etc/init.d/network script and that took care of it.
>
> Whenever I upgrade Debian, the PCMCIA stuff stops working, and I make a new
> PCMCIA modules package and install it and that fixes the problem.

That stuff belongs to /etc/pcmcia/network.opts ... and then you won't have
these upgrading problems ... further you will be able to select differend
schemes, e.g. different network settings when you are at home, at work or
somewhere else...

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de