TTY driver documentation (Was Re: Yet another question about serial driver)

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 10:22:00AM +0200, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
Sorry for replaying for my own message, but I've found two infos about TTY
communication in Linux and other POSIX compliant systems. I think, that
they may be usefull for others too...

1) In RedHat 4.2 there is a Serial-Port-Programming HOWTO, I don't know why it
is not available in debian :-(.
It can be found at:
ftp://ftp.task.gda.pl/mirror/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/old-releases/redhat-4.2/alpha/doc/HOWTO/mini/Serial-Port-Programming

2)
The Serial Programming Guide for POSIX Compliant Operating System
is available at http://dns-gate.easysw.com/~mike/serial/

BTW. None of this docs gives information how to detect the overruns.
I'm about to modify the driver's source, and add a new ioctl :-(
--
	                      Wojciech M. Zabolotny
	http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab  <--> wzab@ise.pw.edu.pl

http://www.freedos.org  Free DOS for free people!