How do I make a bootable debian rescue CD?

Hi!

I'd like to have a bootable CD that contains a not-so-small Debian
installation with most console utilities to repair a broken file
system. It'd need to have raidtools, tar, cp, dd in full features
versions.

To make that disk, I'd probably generate a Debian installation on a
spare disk that has everything I want and then convert the file system
for CD generation.

To run this, I would probably have to boot into a RAM disk and then
mount the CD as /usr to have the programs available.

Making things even more difficult: The CD recorder is not on a Linux
system, but on a Windows box.

Does Debian offer packages to generate a bootable ISO9660 Image that I
then can write to a CD? Or do I have to do everything myself?

Greetings
Marc