RE: recommended partitioning

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I would try a simple approach.  You only "need" two partitions, root and
> swap.  If I remember correctly, swap should be equal to installed memory.
> 32MB RAM means 32MB swap.  Use the rest for the root partition.  I assigned
> root first, then swap as the last partition.

I think I should add that it might be better if swap is at the beginning
of the drive - date tends to get read from the beginning of the drive that
from the end.  That would be a definite plus if you have a limited amount
of memory.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein