Re: Linux databases: which are best?

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 debuser@platinum.globe-mart.com wrote:

> I'm interested in peoples' experiences with the different databases
> available for Linux.  Probably the most important factors for me are
> stability, followed by ease of use and power.

You can't go wrong with MySQL.  It's a little quirky in places, but it's
very solid and *fast* and very popular.  The API (which is almost exactly
the same as mSQL's) is straightforward and easy to write code for, there's
integrated PHP support, and the commandline client works well.  However,
it handles data in strange and exciting ways.  If you have a lot of people
that expect it to act like Oracle you need a different product.