Re: dselect unstable problem

Adam Olejniczak wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I'm a fresh user of debian  i was using redhat so far.
> so i was using dselect with unstable option
> and everything was working just fine till yesterday when i got following
> errors
>
> Hitt ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org unstable/main Packages
> Hit ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org unstable/main Release
> Hit ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages
> Hit ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org unstable/contrib Release
> Hit ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages
> Hit ftp://ftp.pl.debian.org unstable/non-free Release
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Malformed Priority line
> E: Error occured while processing aleph-dev (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList
> /var/state/apt/lists/ftp.pl.debian.org_pub_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

	See "Unstable package list at ftp.debian.org" thread.

	Short answer:  edit the above mentioned file.  search for 'optionnal';
its there in 2 places.  Remove extra 'n' from both.  save file.  touch
file so its date/time is the same as the other two similar files in that
dir (one for contrib, one for non-free).  Fini.  Note:  running update
will overwrite the above file.

--
Ed C.