Re: apt package listing error.

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 12:08:15AM -0400, Marshal Wong wrote:
> I was just using dselect to try to update my potato box, when I got
> this message while doing a "[U]date".
>
> Reading Package Lists... Error!
> E: Malformed Priority line
> E: Error occured while processing aleph-dev (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList /var/state/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
> update available list script returned error exit status 100.
>

> Has the package listing format changed recently?  I do tend to keep
> this box really up to date.  Usually update once a day.

Just wanted to say...me too. Started since the dpkg update I grabbed a day or
two ago. Even an apt-get update does the same thing. Looking at the file in
question, I see two lines that have "Priority: optionnal". Correcting those
allows apt-get to complete as normal.

A problem in the actual file descriptions?

Hope that helps.
Robbie
washu@mindspring.com