Re: Kernel upgrades = security upgrades - a possible solution?

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 10:46:20AM +0000, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> I guess this kind of kernel packages would be for people quite concerned
> about security but also quite lazy :)
> Also if you administer a lot of boxes, and if they work ok with the default
> kernel you will find it _a lot_ more convenient to automatically upgrade
> kernel than to compile it for each box...

Heh, this is where the kernel-package package comes into play. :) You
compile the kernel once into a .deb, and install that using dpkg or apt-get.

:)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!