Re: configuration of a printer

Hello,

I have already solved my problem. My problem came from the fact that I
created the /etc/printcap properly (for example, using "magicfilter")
but I didn't know that, in order to use the new configuration, I had to
make the lpd daemon re-read the printcap file. This can be done by
executing the "lpc" program first and the "reread" command from its
prompt later. To check that the printcap file has been read, execute the
command "printcap" from the "lpc" prompt.

Doing this, my printer has work properly. I hope it also works for you.

Thanks to every one for their advices because they have allowed me to
discard some wrong alternatives during the configuration process.

              Manuel Arenaz