Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error and DriveStatusError

B. Szyszka wrote:

> Like I said, I can't afford to

OK, but for me it remains the only convincing test.
As it happens I have a couple of old pentium 75 motherboards at home and
I just imagined that maybe you or somebody you knew also had stuff like
that that you could use for a test, temporarily.

Otherwise, I'd start down the "turn off go faster modes until it works
reliably" track as already suggested; the same approach can fix Sig-11s.
Check out the tool hdparm as well as tweaking the dma in the kernel.

Andrew