Re: imap

BAK again, after the weekend :)

Today I had some time to try further things and I succeded.

I'm using the imapd that comes with slink (imap_4.5-0slink3.deb).

procmail, which I use to deliver messages to different folders can
write to directory folders. There are (at least) three different
directory folder layouts that procmail does support.

One format (I don't know their names) is where the directory has three
subdirectories named new, tmp and ?; forgot the third. The mails are
stored in single files within those three directories.

A second one is where all mails are in the one directory and have some
alpha-numerical name. (I don't know wheter it's the msg id).

The third one, the mx format,  stores all messages in the subdirectory
and names them 1, 2, 3, etc.

procmail decides which one to use on several conditions. One of those
is that the target mailbox in case of the mx format is specified with
a trailing /. (slash-dot :)

With any of those three formats imapd either told me that the folder
was not accesable (sp?) or it just showed me an empty folder.

After a bit reading I found out that there should be a file named
.mxindex in the mx-directory. procmail unfortunatly does not create
it.

Anyway, after touching .mxindex, everything works just fine. the main
inbox is now in ~/mail/INBOX/. and the other folders are in
~/mail/<dir>/.

I could not convince imapd to create new folders in this format but
this is not very important to me anyway.

PS: I'ld leave the mail folders in ~/mail/. It's a lot nicer IMVHO.

--
Weasel                         http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad/
PGP encrypted messages prefered.  See my site or finger -l ppalfrad