Re: Laptop FAQ // Debian on Floppys??

No need for five million floppies; just 7 (or is it 9?!).
Install the base system, this will get you onto a ppp-connection and ftp the
rest. Believe me, I tried the 5-mill-floppy-way, and it's a REAL hassle,
espec. for newbies (like I was). If you don't have a modem or an
ISP-account, I'd say borrow a modem and/(or get) an account. It really isn't
very expensive and it is just so much easier to install by ftp.
If you have an internal modem, be sure that it will run under Linux, there's
a list of some known compatilities here:
http://www.snafu.de/~wehe/modem_linux.html.
To make absolutely sure, I'd get/borrow an external modem just to get the
system up, then you can always fiddle with the external modem or get a
pcmcia one.
just my .02

hth
Vitux

---
Let's get back from la-la-land here, 'cause this ain't gonna happen