Re: Installing on lap top

*- On 27 Sep, lib wrote about "Installing on lap top"
> I am trying to install Debian 2.1 using a rescue disk on a Toshiba Satellite
> Pro 440 laptop.  I made the rescue disk with RAWRITE2.EXE.  After the boot
> messages with all the dots (.......), the system shuts down.   The system
> previously ran Windows 95 with some boot loader that let me specify a hardware
> configuration.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

FYI, there is a debian-laptop mailing list that might be able to
provide better help for laptop specific problems.

I am not speaking from experience but have you tried the
rescue1440tecra images?  If I recall the Toshiba's and IBM's seem to
suffer from a problem described in the README.tecra file that is in the
disk directory on the archive.

HTH,
--
Brian