Re: Problems compiling xfree 3.3.5 under slink...

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 12:19:11AM +0300, Martin Fluch wrote:
> MMX 233) I had a look at debian/README.source-depends (can anybody tell
> me, why README files are called README? :-), installed the missing

Well, the name "readme" is a command, telling you to read whatever 'me' is.
That part isn't so bad. As for the capitalization, due to the capitals
coming before lowercase in most lexicographical sorting orders, one gets
important files listed near the beginning of the directory listing. Of
course, after seeing thousands of packages, all with a README file, not many
people are going to make their own package with a different name, say
ReadMe, or readME, etc -- since no one looks for those files. :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!