Re: Staroffice crashing again

Paul Harris wrote:

> hi,
>
> i just upgraded my potato today and now my staroffice is suffering from
> "unrecoverable errors". my question is: how do i narrow down which library
> is causing the problem? can i install some of slink's old libraries
> somewhere (like its libc6), and force soffice to use those libraries?

I'm very new with Debian, but I dealt with this issue with Red Hat
before I switched.
Star Office is based on libc6 2.0.7, but will not run properly when
faced with 2.1.x.
I could load both versions of libc6 in Red Hat and I didn't need to do
anything special
to get the Star Office to work.  I'm still new enough with Debian that I
can't seem
to figure out yet how to use the --force options in dpkg to concurrently
be able to
load and use both libc6 versions. Get the packages that libc6 2.0.7
depends on, load them
and your Star Office should work.  If there are any linking issues or
whatever that I
don't know of that would be required to make this work, I'll be very
happy to be corrected and instructed.

Les Eckert