Re: libforms and xpm? Problems upgrading LyX

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 11:08:49 +0200, Davide Anchisi wrote:
> I have LyX_0.12.0 working on my pc, installed with dpkg on a
> debian-slink distribution.
> Now I'm trying to upgrade LyX to 1.0.3 starting from sources.

Have you tried using the debianised sources from unstable?

> I checked with dpkg -l and even with dselect: those packages are installed
> (and LyX_0.12 is working). What does it mean? What can I do?

Different distributions and systems sometimes have libraries in different
locations; configure scripts try a few, and usually have an option to tell
them explicitly where to look for them (try ./configure --help).

> Using the find command  I could only find that there is a libforms0.88 and
> an xpm4.7 in /usr/doc/ and a libforms.so.0.88 in /usr/X11R6/lib/ .

You also need to have their -dev packages installed.

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking