libforms and xpm? Problems upgrading LyX

I have LyX_0.12.0 working on my pc, installed with dpkg on a
debian-slink distribution.
Now I'm trying to upgrade LyX to 1.0.3 starting from sources.
The problem is that when configure ends running it gives the following
error message:

**** The following problems have been detected by configure.
**** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
**** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)

** Can't find libXpm. Please check that the Xpm library
   is correctly installed on your system.

** Can't find xpm.h. Please check that the Xpm library
   is correctly installed on your system.

** Can't find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms
library
   is correctly installed on your system.

** Can't find forms.h. Please check that the forms library
   is correctly installed on your system.

I checked with dpkg -l and even with dselect: those packages are
installed (and LyX_0.12 is working).
What does it mean? What can I do?

(I tryed to say to configure where these library are, but where are
they?
Using the find command  I could only find that there is a libforms0.88
and an xpm4.7 in /usr/doc/ and a libforms.so.0.88 in /usr/X11R6/lib/ .
How can I find where they are, or where are likely to be? What have I to
look for?)

Thanks for any help,

 Davide