RE: File location differences between Debian and other 'X'nix's?

*- On 24 Sep, Ryan McLean wrote about "RE: File location differences between Debian and other 'X'nix's?"
> Forgive me if this is already mentioned, but there is a document out called
> FSSTND (FileSystem STaNdarD) that describes all of this.  I'm unsure if
> that's what you're referencing when you say FHS.  Debian includes this
> document in /usr/doc/debian-policy/fsstnd.  It's definitely worth the read
> as it describes the standards that all unix'es are supposed to start
> following.  It is slowly starting to be adapted into being.  Debian follows
> it quite nicely.  Anyways, just thought I'd point it out for knowledge sake,
> in case it hadn't been already :P

The FSSTND is now obsolete and has been renamed to FHS.  See
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/ for more details.  Debian will be mostly
moving to the FHS in potato except for a few exceptions due to some
major code and policy changes that need to happen first.  See the
debian-policy archives for those discussions.  You can also install the
new policy manual package debian-policy from potato for the exact
details.

--
Brian