Installation question

Hi all,

I have successfully installed a Debian system in the past but this one is a
bit different.  I am installing a minimal system on what will be a router.
libc, kernel, ipchains, ssh, dhcp-relay, and that's about it.  The
harddrive I will be installing on is currently /dev/hdb on a working potato
system.  I want to mount /dev/hdb1 on /mnt and do the installation directly
using the current Linux box.  This is because the router doesn't have a
video card or a floppy drive for that matter.  Is it as easy as just
unpacking the basexxx.tgz file on the mountpoint and then doing dchroot
apt-get install to install the various packages.  Is there anything else I
need to do?  Is ln /proc /mnt/proc safe as some setup programs might need it
in the chrooted environment?

Regards,
Shane

--