Re: wmaker configuration

Dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu> writes:

> I am hoping to switch from afterstep to wmaker, but I want to be able
> to switch workspaces by moving my mouse to the edge of the workspace.
> I thought this would correlate to EdgeResistance, but it doesn't
> appear to work:
>
>   [dpk@myhost:~/GNUstep/Defaults] grep Edge WindowMaker
>     EdgeResistance = 0;

You cannot do that in WMaker. The reason is that in WM workspaces are
separate desktops, rather than pieces of a large desktop.

I haven't tried that, but I think that you can set a Workspace's size
to more than your monitor resolution, and move around that workspace
with a mouse.

All that said, there are many ways to switch workspaces in WM:
1. Alt-1, Alt-2 etc.
2. Ctrl-Alt-Right, Crtl-Alt-Left
3. With a mouse by clicking on Clip's corners, if you prefer to use
mouse.

HTH,
--
Arcady Genkin
"It seems as though I had not drunk from the cup of wisdom, but had