Re: help getting LILO unstuck

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Daniels, Craig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was changing kernels from 2.2.10 to 2.2.12 and I ran LILO to do the
> updating that it needs and it returns
> Linux *
>
> I hadn't noticed the * before and when I rebooted it gets stuck in an
> endless loop of Loading Linux over and over.  I've booted from the floppy
> and ran dselect to uninstall LILO and reinstall with all new config files
> with the same result.

This * indicates, which kernel is the default to boot (think I). I guess
your computer reboots because the kernel fails to load. When ever you
compile a new kernel, keep a working old one, so that you can start your
computer in case your new one fails.

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key:  finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de