From: Jean-Yves BARBIER [mailto:jybarbier@wanadoo.fr]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 1:58 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: portscan: sunrpc etc...

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 04:35:35AM -0700, Lev Lvovsky wrote:
> do  have anything that I've not checked as far as I know).  I especially
> need help with sunrpc, as it's nowhere to be found in rc*...
                 ^^^^^^
So do I ;->>

> also, can somone give me a straight answer on how to restart initd?  I've
> heard 'kill -HUP inetd', but it gives me an error of not being able to
> find it...I just kill it by pid, nad restart it manually (type 'inetd').

:))))) don't type 'inetd', type the inetd PID (make a 'ps aux', then
watch the PID number, then type 'kill -HUP nnn' , where nnn isd the PID
number).

> thanks!!!!

You're welcome!

> //Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life

I'd rather said: 'Social graces are the hypocrysis of our actual society',
but I'm rather cinical (don't know if its the right expression?)

JY

--
Jean-Yves Barbier <jybarbier@wanadoo.fr>
 The road to hell is paved with NAND gates.