Re: A GnuPG package for stable? [Rendering Security Insecure]

> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:03:54 -0500
> From: "Eric Gillespie, Jr." <epgilles@olemiss.edu>
> To: "Bruce Z. Lysik" <eldrik@logrus.com>, debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: A GnuPG package for stable?
>
> I have gpg as well as a few other potato packages compiled for slink at
> http://www.pobox.com/~epg/debian
>
> --
> Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

Please, don't take this the wrong way ...but, HOW CAN ANYONE TRUST a non
official binary package of a security program?

I'm not saying you're not acting in good faith here, but one SHOULD ONLY
RELY either in Debian (or other known distros/distributors) binary packages,
source or binaries from the official GnuPG site, or any other WELL KNOWN
source of distribution.  Else, we may think of this security program as
a potential hole in security.

So, either build it yourself from the sources, or patiently wait for an
official binary release for your system.

Kind Regards,

--
Horacio
homega@ciberia.es