apt-get "the following packages have been kept back"

Hello there.

Can someone explain to me what this message means? :)

amidala:/var# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages have been kept back
  gimp1.1 login python-base python-tk shellutils wmaker
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.

Why aren't those being upgraded? Is one of the newer versions' dependancies
updated that conflicts with some other dependancy somewhere else on the
system?

Thanks :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!