Re: large hard disks (again)

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 10:15:37AM -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> Exactly what I suspected.  Only how to figure out the
> geometry in the first place?  Anyway I now have that
> information for the disk in question.  As soon as
> potato is release it will be water under the bridge.

Possible sources:
- Label on the drive itself
- Web site of drive manufacturer
- BIOS (Award BIOS in particular has an auto-detect feature, which is not
        the same as setting the drive type as "AUTO")
- The partition table already on the drive, if the drive has already been
  partitioned by another OS.

And others, I'm sure.

Regards,

Jeff