Re: Floppy light stays perpetually on.

> On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Mark Phillips wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
>  : I tried rebooting.  The floppy light comes on straight away (and stays
>  : on) and the system tries to boot from the floppy but fails, so goes on
>  : to the hard drive.
>
> Sounds like the cable is reversed.  Flip it over at the drive, and/or at
> the controller.

    Note that flipping at the controller does not give the same
result as flipping at the drive if you're using the connector which
has part of the cable twisted.

    And if that doesn't work try another cable.  I've seen cables with
the connectors poorly centered short and cause this behavior after
working fine for several months.

-Chris

--
|   Christopher D. Judd, Ph.D.                                           |