Bug in XEmacs-20.4 ?

Just noticed sth odd with XEmacs-20.4 on slink.

Occasionally, things freeze up in XEmacs. It doesn't
matter what I am doing. Everything freezes. However,
if I hit Ctrl+<G>, its normal. Any keystrokes that
I might have made while it was frozen seem to get
processed cuz after hitting Ctrl+G.

Very odd. Never had this problem with XEmacs-20.4
on RedHat-5.2 (but then on RH I had compiled 20.4 from
sources) which I have used since 20.4 was released.

Any ideas why this might be happening ?

This is a bit alarming to me as I am not accustomed
to XEmacs acting up on me, and I have been using
XEmacs for a very long time now and have grown used
to its excellent and exemplary behaviour!!

I am running Debian 2.1 + glibc2.1 from potato and
a bunch of other potato packages - glibc2.1 being
the most important one.

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Salman Ahmed