Re: Corel

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 08:01:29PM -0700, Mark Wagnon wrote:
> On Tue 09/21/99 09:45PM, Phil Brutsche wrote:
>
> > Corel's been trying to release a beta of their distro under terms that
> > violates the GPL (no redistribution what-so-ever, etc).  Needless to say,
> > a real mess has come about it. The person Bruce talked to is trying to
> > change that.
> >
> I just read an LJ article on that. Didn't Corel read the GPL? After
> writing that, I think I'll go take another peek at it.

There has been a bit of a fury over at slashdot. (I generally like slashdot,
but do NOT put too much effort into reading the comments...) I am not sure I
would bother reading much else until corel makes another announcement, or
they are very slow making the announcement.

Check out www.technocrat.net for more details.

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!