Re: sblive skips?

Aaron, it isn't the fault of windows, nor the fault of linux. If I recall,
there is a FAQ at www.winamp.com that describes this situation. Basically,
your PCI bus gives the cycles to the videocard when it needs them, and lets
the chips fall where they may -- which means skipping during audio playback
for the soundcard.

Why it is more prevalent under windows is the Smooth Scrolling micros~1
introduced a little while back -- that sucks up the video bandwidth like
nuts, and takes away from sound bandwidth.

I wish I knew how to fix it.