Re: sblive skips?

On 21-Sep-99 Aaron Solochek wrote:
> System configuration:
>
> PII-400
> 128mbram
> 2 UW seagate cheetahs
> 1 U2W cheetah
> 1 jaz
> 2 plextor cd drives (one ro, one writer)
> I have 300mb of swap, which usually doesn't get touched.
> The arrival of this very email caused my machine to skip
> I am connected to a 10baseT network which is always SWAMPED.
> Its a slink system, running 2.210
> I'm running ftp, telnet, finger, and a few others, but not a web server
>
> What else should I tell you?

I don't know what could be causing this.

I have lots of stuff running: postgresql, mysql, apache, X (!), netscape, etc.
As I test, I started Staroffice, and the mp3 I was playing did not skip.

I am using XMMS.

BTW, I wouldn't mind having your system :)   Nothing should be slow with that
stuff :-)   I take it that everything is SCSI?

I have no ideas what could be happening.  Perhaps check top.

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff
wim@netmaster.ca
www.canadianhomes.net/wim

A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then
asks you not to kill him.
                -- Sir Winston Churchill, 1952