Re: telnet to my machine (cont)

Manuel, try:
apt-get update;
apt-get install telnetd

Of course, this assumes your setup is recent enough for apt-get to work. If
your box is an older box based on an earlier version of debian, this might
not work -- so try using dselect with your distribution CDs to find the
telnetd package.

And, there are several ftp servers available. IMHO, ProFTPd is the nicest,
though many people use wu-ftpd.