Re: Box-box file transfer

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 11:53:44AM -0700, j way wrote:
> Is there a way to transfer files between a Slink & Win95 machine using a
> serial null-modem cable?
> I don't want to tie up two phone lines with modems.  Something similar
> to the (msft) "Interlnk" perhaps.  Tnx.
>

> --

On the linux side, you can use your favorite of kermit, minicom, etc.

On the windows side, use hyperterminal and select the appropriate
protocol.

Just plug the cable in, configure the programs to use that serial
port, and you're all set.  I was amazed at how easy it was.

Rob

--
A girl's conscience doesn't really keep her from doing anything wrong--
it merely keeps her from enjoying it.