Re: keyboard autorepeat

*- On 20 Sep, David Wright wrote about "Re: keyboard autorepeat"
> Quoting Ian Zimmerman (itz@amazon.lbin.com):
>> Is there a clean way to once and for always set the keyboard
>> autorepeat delay and rate on a Debian system?  I mean something like
>>
>> kbdrate -d 500 -r 10.0
>>
>> somewhere in the /etc/init.d/* scripts.  grep says no there is no
>> such thing -- do I have to add it myself, and if so, what's the best
>> place?
>
> $ cat /etc/rc.boot/keyboardrate
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # Set the keyboard repetition rate.
> #
> # mS
> DELAY=500
> # cps
> REPEAT=15
> /sbin/kbdrate -r $REPEAT -d $DELAY
> exit 0
>
> OK, you're not meant to use /etc/rc.boot, but I'll stop when Debian stops.

Debian is stopping to use it. The only document that is not updated
is the Debian policy, although the change has been accepted, see
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/32/32448.html. Also look at 'man 5
rc.boot', /usr/doc/sysvinit/README.runlevels.gz and
http://www.debian.org/lintian/reports/Tpackage-installs-into-etc-rc.boot.html.

The correct procedure is to put the script in /etc/init.d with a .sh
extension and link to it from /etc/rcS.d.

--
Brian