Re: keyboard autorepeat

Quoting Ian Zimmerman (itz@amazon.lbin.com):
> Is there a clean way to once and for always set the keyboard
> autorepeat delay and rate on a Debian system?  I mean something like
>
> kbdrate -d 500 -r 10.0
>
> somewhere in the /etc/init.d/* scripts.  grep says no there is no
> such thing -- do I have to add it myself, and if so, what's the best
> place?

$ cat /etc/rc.boot/keyboardrate
#!/bin/sh
#
# Set the keyboard repetition rate.
#
# mS
DELAY=500
# cps
REPEAT=15
/sbin/kbdrate -r $REPEAT -d $DELAY
exit 0

OK, you're not meant to use /etc/rc.boot, but I'll stop when Debian stops.
I can't remember whether unsupported values just don't work, or whether
the closest values are used. I don't even know whether linux or firmware
handles this.

Cheers,