From: Roger Weinheimer [mailto:rogwei@home.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 1999 10:08 PM
To: Matthew Dalton
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: "install operating system kernel and modules" problem

Ok. I tried manually mounting the /dev/sdb1 (which is hfs), and here's what
I see (# ls -al instmnt):

d...		.
d...		..
-rwx...	Desktop DB
-rwx...	Desktop DF
-rwx...	Finder
-r-x...	System
-rwx...	Where_have_all_my_files_gone? (literally)
-rw-...	.rootinfo
dr-x...	.finderinfo
dr-x...	.resource

Drilling down into .finderinfo and .resource, I see the same directory
structure, only .finderinfo and .resource are not directories. I don't see
the debian directory that I created and exists in MacOS 8.1. If I can't see
my debian directory, I'm not surprised dbootstrap doesn't either. Is there a
trick I'm missing? At this point, I have a debian source directory on two
different macos drives (sdb1 and sdc1). These are the only hard drives
connected to the system other than the target (sda).

Back to the docs...