Colors configuration in mutt. How to do it?

Hi All!

A few months ago I used PINE and I love'd it because of the wonderfull
black-on-white layout which it used on my xterm (though still white-on-black
on my console).
Because of some licence inconveniences I've decided to switch to mutt, which
is quite good (although lacks some features, eg. forwarding of the message
with all headers - very usefull for reporting of mail abuses), but always
uses black background both on console, and on the xterm.
The white-on-black characters are almost illegible on most the monitors I use
(some of them are really good), so I have to switch to the lower resolution,
or use xterm with a REALLY-BIG-FONT.
I tried to run mutt with:
export COLORFGBG="black;white"; mutt
but it helped only on the index screen. Most parts of the displayed message had
still black background, which made them even more undecipherable because of the
neighbouring white-backgrounded sections.
Is there any method to help this problem? Are there any configuration options
or prepackaged configurations I could use to get the nice looking
dark-on-bright layout of mutt on the xterm?
I could not find any usefull info in the mutt's doc (may be I haven't read it
thoroughly enough).
--
			TIA
			Wojciech Zabolotny