Re: Newbie needs help on X win!!!

> I just install "slink" and all of the packages that I need. Now I want
> installl X window but I don't know which packages to install. Can you guys
> give me a list of packages I should Install to get X window working. I
> don't want anything fancy yet, right now I just want ordinary X window and
> maybe with file manager like Gnome or something.

If you look in "Packages" for xbase or xbase-clients,
you will see a list of dependencies.  You will also need
a monitor driver (vga or svga or something).  If you install these
with dselect, other dependencies may arise.  Satisfy them as they
come up.  Some of the packages listed in xbase are:
rstart, rstartd, twm, xbase-clients, xdm, xfree86-common, xfs,
xlib6g, xlib6g-dev, xmh, xproxy, xserver-common, xsm & xterm.
When you get it running, you may purge xbase.
Stay with it, X is a great system. -jw