Re: PCMCIA (?) Ethernet problem

"Ingles, Raymond" wrote:

>  I'm installing Debian 2.1 onto a Zenith "Z*Star EX", a 486/50MHz
> laptop w/8MB RAM and a 300MB HD.

<snip>

Sorry I don't have any technical help to offer you on this. But I would
like to tell you this;

The very first time I installed Linux, in '95, was on one of those
machines your are using.  I had such problems with the installation that
I gave up and didn't install again until a few months later on a
home-built machine where I had no problems.  The shop where I worked, at
the time, was using Z stations and inevitably replaced all of them with
Gatway computers because these systems were so problematic just running
Windows.

What Fiat was to the automotive industry Zenith is to the computer
industry.  Hopefully, for the sake of consumers, they are not making
computers anymore.