Unix98 ptys

Hello once again.

aterm requires Unix98 ptys. This is something I know nothing about. All I
know is that they are different from oldstyle pty stuff.

I run 2.0.36 on potato right now. (I am hesitant to upgrade to 2.2.x due to
problems I have had in the past with dhcp.... I did the 2.0.x to 2.2.x
upgrade manually under SuSE, and things didn't work quite right afterwards.)

Should I go through the steps listed in the aterm's README.Unix98PTY (stolen
from the 2.2.x series of kernels..) to make it work? Will my current Eterms
break? How about rxvt? Console logins?

Should I go through those steps, but after upgrading to 2.2.x?

Can someone give nice links to detailed info on the Unix98 pty thingy?

thanks. :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!