Re: fetchmail as daemon dies...

*- On 16 Sep, Mark Wagnon wrote about "Re: fetchmail as daemon dies..."
> On Thu 09/16/99 10:18AM, Jean-Yves BARBIER wrote:
>> Well I don't run it as a daemon, but through inetd, with '--syslog'
>> option, which writes in different files:
>
> Thanks. How does one go about running it from inetd? I'm probably
> completely off base here, but I thought fetchmail delivers mail to
> the spool file of the user who runs it. Is that correct? If so, how
> does it know where to put the mail when it runs?

For delivery to other users use the 'user <remote-user> there has
password <remote-passwd> is <local-user> here' syntax in your
fetchmailrc.  Look at the 'THE RUN CONTROL FILE' and 'CONFIGURATION
EXAMPLES' sections in the man page as well as
/usr/doc/fetchmail/sample.rcfile.gz.

--
Brian